poniedziałek, 29 sierpnia 2011

Chapter One: a biscuit

About 2 months ago my airplane landed on Baiyun International Airport. Since that day I enjoy sunny, tropical weather of Guangzhou, China. I enjoy also something else to be honest... But let me start from beginning:
Soon after I finished unpacking my bag I went to a supermarket (ca. 20 minutes of walk from my new home) in order to buy some snacks and beer...
While walking around the shop I was positively surprised by prices and big number of products with English names and sometimes even list of ingredients. But after I came back home with my bag full of products I have discovered a terrible truth: there was something wrong with my English (I am not a native speaker)...

This picture though funny reminds me every day that I am in China (in Chinese: 中国). Literaly translated from these 2 characters as: Middle Kingdom or Central Nation. No wonder that even every biscuit has here its own center...
Eventually it turned out that my English was not that bad. It was (and still is) just a matter of "English" used here in China. Though some Chinese speak excellent English you will soon see more and more examples of Chinglish in this blog. I hope you will enjoy it!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz