wtorek, 30 sierpnia 2011

Cherish your reputation!

After some time already spent in Guangzhou I have discovered another supermarket in my area (as I remember - with some help from the locals). As i entered the staircase I was welcomed by few warnings. The one that I want to share with you was the best one though not the only one:
Unfortunatelly a handrail is covering part of the sign so I could not have taken any better picture. If you still can not see what is written above then I can assure you that it goes as follows: "Shoplifting is a crime and the shoplifter many take the rap or civil respons liability. Please cherish your future and reputation. Don't do it." For me more interesting is not that the sentence does not make any sense. I just love when they combine official words like "cherish" with ones like "take the rap" or short form "don't".

P.S. The name of this blog derives from a book written by Stieg Larsson and originally published in 2005 in Sweden as "Män som hatar kvinnor" (literally: Men Who Hate Women, unfortunatelly in English speaking countries known as: "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo").
Though the trilogy initiated by this one and my blog deal with completely different problems I love it so much that I have decided to name my blog after the first part.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz